- Since the skills acquired each week build on each other, all class lectures and field trips are mandatory.
- Be on time!
- To get the most out of the class, you will need to do the required reading and homework to prepare for each of the Tuesday night sessions.
- Make sure you're receiving the class emails from Google Groups.
Field Trip Policies
- If you know you will be late or need to cancel because of unforeseen circumstances, please contact (text, email, or call) the co-chairs and weekend organizers.
- Arrive early for the field trips and be ready for your pack check. Pack checks occur at Mt Si, Snow 1, Alpine Climbs, Snow 2, and Mt Baker.
- There will be pack checks at the trailhead, and if you don't have the required gear, you may not be able to participate in the field trip.
- Familiarize yourself with each trip's Emergency Response Plan (ERP).
- If you see something that you think is unsafe, please immediately let a co-chair or weekend organizer know. Watch out for each other and yourself!
- If you feel like you’re not being treated respectfully or taught appropriately, please let the co-chairs know.
- There are no official breaks or lunches. Take every opportunity available to eat, adjust layers, drink water, etc. As part of your Alpine Climb, Snow 2, or Baker teams, synchronize breaks with your teammates for more efficient travel.
- No alcohol or drug usage is permitted while on the field trip.
- All students and all instructors check in at the beginning of the trip and check out at the end of the trip together.
- We discourage making evening plans on the same day as a trip as we may end up coming out a bit later than anticipated.
- Additional policies are in the WAC Way.