- For each group of 3 students, head over to your local gardening supply store and buy a pack of 25 3' bamboo or wooden tomato stakes. Some stores only sell the 4' ones, and you can cut them down to size if you'd like. The wands just need to be at least 3' long. Since each person needs 8-9 wands, a pack of 25 is good for 3 people.
- Get some brightly colored duct tape (orange and red are the best against snow).
- Cut tape and wrap as directed here.
- Mark with a permanent marker, your initials on one side and 'WAC' on the other side of the flag.
- Carry in an external side pocket on your pack, so they are easily accessible as you're traveling.